Friday, July 25, 2014

Niagara Falls, NY


April 2010. My good friend Denise, who I met at the Georgia Welcome Center off I-75S on our way to AEC, attended the Columbus, OH class in 2009. Then she talked me into doing a class closer to her. Denise is from Canada so Niagara Falls, NY was her choice. She found a quilting store willing to rent us the classroom space. Denise did all the legwork for me. It was the first time I drove anywhere all by myself! But I made it there then - and two times after that as well, all with the same group of students. The classes got smaller, but we still learned a lot and had a good time doing it. 

Denise is one of my Lil Embirdies for the online classes. I met Lorna and Elise, two of my other Lil Embirdies, at the Niagara Falls classes.

1 comment:

Denise Bolton said...

I learned so much from Peggy at my first AEC that I went to Columbus, OH, and then arranged a northern seminar in Niagara Falls, NY. Everyone that attended that first one in Niagara Falls asked for more, so Peggy has held 2 more! Her methods of teaching, excellent presentation and notes mean you come away from the two days with a greater knowledge of Embird. Of course, the more you learn, the more you realize the potential in Embird, and the deeper you want to get into the program. Peggy takes you there one step at a time.

I love attending any of Peggy's classes - whether in person or now online via webinars. Her well explained, humourous lessons make me feel like I am with friends, and are worth every minute of my time and expense. Can't say enough about how I like learnng this way.