Friday, July 25, 2014

Minneapolis



In September 2009, Terri Hanson and I got together to do an embroidery/Embird class at  her home in Minneapolis. We did two days on generic embroidery classes, lettering, and Embird. Terri would do her thing - stabilizers and lettering -  and I would translate some of it into Embird for the group. We had a great time. She allowed me to have an extra day while she went to to work - and I taught a small group Studio. It was my first time on the subject with real beginners and I made someone cry. Ooopsss... turned out she was not a button pusher and once we showed her that she could right click and get a menu instead of remembering which button did what, she was off and running. She was even helping her neighbor get caught up. I try very hard not to make my students cry now.

No comments: