Friday, July 25, 2014

June Fly-In - Font Engine 102

June 2014. I didn't get to the Ready Made Alphabets (3rd party fonts) as promised at the AEC so made that my June Fly-In topic. Font Engine 102 explained how you can turn all of those design alphabets you buy from your favorite designers in to alphabets you can type in. Just like you do the Embird Alphabets or Font Engine. They learned you do need to own Font Engine to get this new plug-in but even if you don't, you can have fun playing with just a few letters. If Abba is your favorite group, you are set to go with the trial version! 

2 comments:

Cindy Dittman said...

With each of Embird's updates and upgrades, Peggy studies the changes, practices, and presents them in an easy-to-follow manner. The ability to catalog purchased fonts and bring them into Font Engine is a wonderful feature that would have been very difficult to figure out without guidance. Even if one were to rarely use this feature, it is well worth the time to catalog at least one alphabet just to see how it works.

Brenda said...

I enjoyed this class and learned so much about the use of Font Engine. I have so many ready-made fonts which I didn't know how to incorporate into Embird. I found myself using a different software only to facilitate bringing in the ready-made fonts into the design I made in Embird. But, thanks to Peggy, I can do everything within the context of Embird. Not only did I learn how to use them within Embird, but Peggy taught us how to organize them too.
Peggy, your classes are awesome, a definite asset to those of us trying to learn Embird. Thank you!